At Long Tall Sally we have over 30 years experience in making fashionable clothing that fits taller women.
With our extensive research, we know how to make sure that each garment fits beautifully on different shapes and sizes.
We don't just add inches onto 'regular' sized garments - each piece is tailored by a dedicated in-house team to ensure that the fit is just right.
Taking your measurements
Bust — Measure the fullest part of your chest with a tape running under your arms and straight across your shoulder blades.
Waist — The easiest way to find your natural waistline is to put your hands either side of your waist and to bend to one side. Your natural waistline is where you bend.
Hips — Your hip position will be about 20cm down from your waist. Measure around the fullest part of your hips.
Dress Length — Measure from the base of the neck downwards to sheck if the product length will suit.
Top Length — Our top lengths are measured from the base of the neck down to the hem.
Inside Leg Length — Our pants and jeans are available in a variety of inside leg lengths appropriate to the style of the product.
To get an accurate measurement of your inside leg measure from the top of your inside leg to just below the ankle.
Body Length — Measure from your side neck to inside leg to check your body length and the correct size.
Pants & Jeans
We offer pants and jeans in leg lengths from 34" to 38".
Boot Cut — Fitted around hips and slim fit through thigh to knee.
Hem wider than knee. Hem circumference 48cm (19")
Skinny — Tight fit around hips and all through leg.
Hem narrower than knee. Hem circumference 31cm (12")
Slim — Tight fitted around hips and slim fit through thigh to knee.
Straight from knee to hem. Hem circumference 37cm (14.5")
Tapered — Fitted around waist with a slightly easier fit around hips and thigh.
Hem narrower than knee. Hem circumference 36cm (14")
Wide — Fitted around the hips and wide through the leg to the hem.
Slightly tapered into the knee. Hem circumference 62cm (24.5")>
When designing our pants and jeans we:
- Adjust our leg widths so the style of the pant looks correct on a taller woman.
- Adjust our knee positions to be correct proportion for each length.
- Ensure the waistband and hems are in proportion with the rest of the garment.
In addition to this, we have relooked at our jean styles and made the following changes in order to improve our fit:
- Hem width of boot cut jean reduced to be a more flattering slimmer leg shape.
- Extended and inserted front pocket bags inside garment into front fly. This holds the tummy flatter because the front garment cannot stretch.
- Re-shaped front pocket openings so that pocket linings do not pull out of the pockets during wear.
- Increased depth of back yoke and increased width of back pockets in order to make the bottom look smaller and more pert.
Skirts & dresses
We ensure that all of our dresses and skirts are proportioned correctly for the taller woman, see right for our guide.
Our expert fit
In addition to this, during the design process we:
- Adjust the skirt hem width to compensate for the extra length.
- Position waist ties and belts lower to ensure they feel right on the body.
Tops & knitwear
We offer a range of sleeve lengths and shapes to suit the season.
Our expert fit
Our Tops and knitwear are perfectly proportioned in the arms and the body for a great tall fit. We also:
- Lower the bust and empire seam to allow for extra body length above the bust.
- Lower the waist position.
- Sleeve lengths are correctly proportioned for longer arms and shoulder widths are assessed to ensure they are correct for the style.